Monday, September 1, 2014

THIS IS FALLING by Ginger Scott

THIS IS FALLING
by Ginger Scott
ARC Review
Released: August 29th, 2014

My rating: 3.5 of 5 ⭐️










"First, I had to remember how to breathe. Then, I had to learn how to survive. Two years, three months and sixteen days had passed since I was the Rowe Stanton from before, since tragedy stole my youth and my heart went along with it.

When I left for college, I put a thousand miles between my future and my past. I’d made a choice—I was going to cross back to the other side, to livewith the living. I just didn’t know how.

And then I met Nate Preeter.



An All-American baseball player, Nate wasn’t supposed to notice a ghost-of-a-girl like me. But he did. He shouldn’t want to know my name. But he did. And when he learned my secret and saw the scars it left behind, he was supposed to run. But he didn’t.

My heart was dead, and I was never supposed to belong to anyone. But Nate Preeter had me feeling, and he made me want to be his. He showed me everything I was missing.

And then he showed me how to fall."

*****

Ginger Scott's writing is of a special quality. Her works are always balanced just right, never too descriptive or with overwhelming dialogue, but just the right amount of narrative context to paint a helpful backdrop for the characters to take shape against.

I have to admit though that this was not my favorite of all her books: Yes, I've read every one of them. Part of it was that although Rowe's character holds the promise for a darker, edgier story line, in reality, the book turned out a rather predictable young college love story. Sure, with some dramatic hurdles to overcome, but on the other side of Rowe's issues we find Nate's almost unnatural care and patience. He displays charactaristics that could be called unique even in the most kind and thoughtful mature men who might actually have a decent amount of life experience to draw from. It just seemed a bit too good to be true. Also the 'convenient' hookup of their two room mates was almost annoyingly perfect. 

None of this takes away from the skilled character development and the amusing interplay between Nate and his brother, or Rowe's two roommates for that matter. Nor does it diminish the credibility of the emotions portrayed as part of Rowe's state of being. It just means that the storyline was a little too pat in my humble opinion. Too sweet, too convenient, and a little too simple.

Y/A or N/A are not necessarily my genre of choice, however, I have had great success with some of Ginger's earlier works and though I would hesitate to grab such a genre from another writer, I would always feel it worth it, picking up one of Ginger's books. It doesn't really matter what genre she writes...... Her writing style simple appeals to me that much!

✨A lost girl trying to find herself, the handsome jock showing her the way.✨

**Copy provided in return for an honest review..**




 Amazon.com  Amazon.ca  Amazon.UK  Amazon.AUS
 Barnes&Noble  iTunes  Barnes&Noble

add-to-goodreads-button31

No comments:

Post a Comment