Thursday, December 26, 2019

Book Review - DEVON by Leanne Davis


Devon
by Leanne Davis 


I fell in love with Ireena Monroe, and then she fell in love with my identical twin brother. It ripped us apart, and we haven’t spoken since.

My childhood friend, Claudia Tamasy, is the only one who fully understands what’s happened to me, and unfortunately, she also is the only one to witness my reaction to it all. Her dad opens a branch of his business near Silver Springs and we end up working there together. Friends, co-workers… lovers? No, we can’t be. It’s too odd and weird and it would ruin the honesty we share in every other way. The last thing that will ever distract me is a relationship. Fool me once… well, I watched the girl I loved marry my brother. No, hell no, will I ever be fooled again.

Until my brother calls me with devastating news about Ireena and Claudia tries to make me see I have to go help him. But how can I forgive him? And what can I do as Claudia is the only one who can help me get through this?
But by then… what if I’ve already ruined everything?





4 Stars

Life is hard enough to navigate but when you are the recipient of betrayal your thoughts become jaded. This is not the Devon that everyone knew and loved. He was never this withdrawn and emotionless. He has pulled himself from everyone and put his focus on his career and living his life with almost not emotions, except the hatred that he just can't seem to get past. He is missing out on so many things. Thankfully he has is best friend and co-worker Claudia, she is the only thing that seem right in his world.

Claudia is a beautiful business woman who had worked very hard to put herself in the high ranks of the family business, that most would say is a mans job. With her family love and support she has taken it all on and loves her  career. It certainly helps that her best friend Devon is working along beside her. If she could just find the strength and words to let him know that she wants more. The love that has grown for him over the years is very strong, which makes it extremely hard to watch him boil with anger and hatred.

The biggest fear with friends to lovers is the possible loss of the relationship that you once had. Is it possible that Devon has the same feelings that Claudia has? Will the one step across the line be too much for them? Could the new tragedy bring them back together in a way they never expected?

This was an emotional read on many levels. Devon's journey through betrayal to forgiveness. Claudia's hidden love and trying to move beyond what she can't seem to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment