Saturday, January 11, 2020

Book Review - DAMION by Leanne Davis




~Damion~

My daughter, Dayshia is my entire life, even as I grieve her mother, who dies way too young. I’m convinced I’ll never love again, and even more sure, I don’t want to. I end up back in my hometown of Silver Springs, where my parents will now help me raise my daughter, while I try to make amends with the brother I wronged. I propose a vision of expanding my mom’s café into a chain restaurant, starting here in the Pacific Northwest. The challenge of it keeps me from falling into total depression and boredom. And the perfect person to help with that, unfortunately, is PR consultant Kaeja Ingalles, who also happened to be my wife’s best friend.

Kaeja has tried in earnest to keep check on me and my daughter, almost as distraught over my wife’s death as I am. But I don’t have the patience to handle her grief, along with my own. I’ve shunned her attention for a long time. But my daughter? She takes complete comfort from her… and I find I can’t keep them apart. I’m sure she and I will never be anything. For how could we ever move past Ireena? We can’t. But oddly enough, I seem to be the only one who understands that.



4 Stars

Damion is struggling to start his life anew, trying to find the calm that comes from family and familiar. Taking over his mom's café with his brother while learning to be a single parent and grieving for his dead wife. Slowly day by day things get a little bit better. He has a wonderful relationship with his little girl who quickly became his everything. As life begins to smooth out and he has a minute to sigh, he realizes that he is still missing something.

Kaeja has also lost her best friend and only real family she has. Her connection to Dayisha and Damion are the only things that help keep Ireena close to her. But soon the comforting in each other becomes to dependant and there is some concern, so the only thing to do is step back. Good think she has work to keep her focused.

After a long time apart, a chance meeting and new friends bring Damion and Kaeja back to each other. Is it possible that Ireena was their only connection or could it be that they had a connection and there could be more if they allow it? Will Damion be willing to share Dayisha? Could Damion find love again?

I enjoyed the characters of this book but there were some times where I wanted to smack Damion. He struggled with explaining his feelings and did a good job of leaving Kaeja confused. I have enjoyed the different challenges that had been brought out in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment