Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Book Review - LOVE BY CHANCE by Shilpa Mudiganti

 

Love by Chance: A Perfect Billionaire Series



Charismatic. Determined. Confirmed Bachelor.
I've definitely been called worse as a congressman.

Now that I'm aiming to become Governor Tristan Carter? Let's just say I need to hire the very best to run my campaign. But, unfortunately for me, my greatest chance of success comes in the shape of my ex-girlfriend, Sara Jain.

From best friends to lovers, she stole my heart years ago and when she gave it back? Well... it wasn't necessarily intact. I have never and never will love another the way I loved her. But, I have to think with my head and not my heart. She opted to marry the man her father had chosen for her. She didn't fight for us and after that betrayal? Neither did I.

The fact that she's divorced now? As much as I'd like to say that changes nothing, that'd be a lie. I let Sara walk away from us, from love, before. Never again.

I'm not giving up on us this time.




4 Stars

Who doesn't love a slow burn second change, friends to lovers, full of emotion and forgiveness? A side of a couple of cute kiddos and it's the recipe for a great afternoon read. This is book 3 in the series but the first book I have read and it was completely stand alone. I didn't feel like I had missed anything.

Sara had to make a choice 12 years ago and she still isn't certain that she made the right one. Now divorced after an unhappy marriage, she is determined to be the best mom for her kids. Maybe she will be able to get back some of her dreams. When Tristian, her once best friend and lover, offers her the position as his campaign manager she jumps in with both feet. Despite the heartache seeing him daily will endure.

Tristian has never gotten over the loss of Sara all those years ago. Diving into his world of politics has been his saving grace. Determined to never give his heart again, he has kept himself guarded since that day. When Sara returns home to be with her family while getting back on her feet, he can't think of anyone who will run his campaign better.

The more time they spend working together the harder it gets for both of them. Will they be able to step through the hurts of the past and find a way to move forward? Could this be their second chance?

This was my first read by Ms. Mudiganti and I am sure I will find myself reading more.

Other Books In The Series


No comments:

Post a Comment