Sunday, July 31, 2016

Author Spotlight - REBECCA SHERWIN





Rebecca is a London born and bred mother, writer and psychology student. She is the mother of a superhero (who is currently growing his hair like Thor!) and spends her days with her nose stuck in a textbook, her fingers tapping away at the keys…or she’s building forts and eating gummy bears.

She is the author of dark psychological romance. An avid reader and lover of stories that keep you guessing, Rebecca writes tales that will challenge your perceptions and toy with your emotions. Her stories invite you to open your mind and dig deeper into the meanings of the lives of each and every character you meet. She entices you into their world – to feel with them, grow with them, to love with them.

She asks you to become a part of them and allow them to become a part of you.





Life is unpredictable. It can throws us happiness, luck, wealth and success at any given time, without warning or premonition. But it can also send trauma, trials and surprises, both unexpected and unwelcome.

The Twisted series explores a world where happiness is chased but unreachable, life is found and stolen, and love is fought for and sacrificed.

It is not a simple story – life is not a fairytale.

Sometimes it’s a fight for Survival…




Survival (Twisted #1: FREE on all platforms
Amazon: http://myBook.to/Survival
iBooks: http://apple.co/1MofvNo
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1Uo5qDp
Nook: http://bit.ly/1XQXR5C

Revival (Twisted #2)
Thrive (Twisted #3)
Allegiance (Twisted #4)
Available on all platforms now!



“What is it? What does GRIT mean?”

“Besides the stuff you get in your eye when the wind blows?” Nothing. She refused to fall into comfort beside me. “It doesn’t mean anything. That is kind of the point. I say GRIT, you say ‘what’s that?’ and you wouldn’t be the only one.”

It was ridiculous. I’d asked countless times as a child why we couldn’t give it some meaning if it was something so important it needed to be protected with our lives, but I’d only ever had the acronym separated. Which I would do for Trixie…when we got to our destination.

“Why does it smell wet?” she asked.

“Because it’s wet down here. You’re underground.”

“We’re safe, aren’t we?”

I took a deep breath and pronounced every word with more sincerity than I’d ever displayed. “As long as you’re with me, nothing can hurt you.”

I wanted her to say something. ‘Thank you’ would have sufficed although I didn’t want her to appreciate my need to keep her alive. I wanted her to accept it, but she said nothing, keeping her lips pressed firmly together as another shiver rippled through her.

“We’re here.”

I stopped her with a gentle tug and her thin shoes slid on the cobbles. Reaching over her I held her close, like I had done when we exited the loft, and she slotted into my side like she was meant to be there.

“Where?”

“Here.” I shrugged, intending to show her rather than tell her. “It isn’t nice. None of the things I’m going to teach you will be pretty. Some will hurt, some will confuse, some will question everything you know, and others will test you. They’ll ask you to look deep inside yourself and revaluate everything you hold on your moral compass.” I stroked my thumb over the top of her arm, hoping to warm her up before I threw her into the dark world that was permanently sheeted in ice. “I need you to agree to do this with me. I don’t want you to be here, because I want to protect you. But you need to know the truth and you need to be able to make your own choices…I need you to choose to do this with me.”

“I choose to do it. Just show me, Elias...”



No comments:

Post a Comment