KEEPING KNIGHT
Gia Cobie
Release Date: October 2
Seeing Micah was the best part of my week.
I didn’t sign up for a cooking class as a way to meet men. But my handsome partner made it really hard to remember why I wanted to stay single.
It wasn’t the right time. I had too much else going on. I’d been burned before, and had no desire for it to happen again. They were all reasons that should have been enough to convince me. Still, I couldn’t stop thinking about him.
Then I’m violently attacked, and Micah shows up just in time to save me. Hurt, scared, and still in danger, when he asks me to stay with him for my protection, I agree.
If I’d arrived minutes later, I wouldn’t have saved her.
I’d seen a lot of bad things during my years in the Army, but bursting into Ruby’s apartment to find a man trying to kill her was one of the worst.
Seeing the fear in her eyes and the darkening bruises her attacker left behind filled me with a rage I’ve never felt before. And, in that moment, I knew I’d do anything to protect her.
As a former Delta Force operator, I have the skills to keep Ruby safe. So it only makes sense to take her home with me. Except the more time I spend with Ruby, the more I fall for her. And the more determined I am to never let her get hurt again.
Keeping Knight is a friends-to-lovers story featuring a wounded but strong heroine, a former Delta Force operator turned K-9 handler, a security team comprised of veterans, found family, forced proximity, hurt/comfort, and plenty of unexpected twists. Can be read as a standalone. HEA guaranteed.
Available in KU
4 Stars
This is the second book in the Fox & Falcon Security Series. As with most series it is always good to read in order but this book could easily be read as a standalone. A wonderful friends to lovers slow burn story that is full of suspense and worry, upping the emotions.
Micah and Ruby met at a cooking class they were both in, paring up and getting to know one another as they learn. Kind walks home and some extra time spent was giving them both some wants but neither willing to move past that next step.
When Micah saves Ruby for a home invasion attack, he goes into full on protective alpha. Sweeping her up, taking her to his home and bringing in his brother to find who is targeting Ruby. The more time spent together, the more he comforts her and looks after her the more the longing grows. But is this just because of the close proximity or could there be more?
Grab your copy and see if you can find out who is out for Ruby?
*** Advanced copy provided in exchange for an honest review. ***
Gia Cobie is an award winning author living in upstate New York with her husband and small zoo of animals. She loves writing about protective heroes and the strong women they fall in love with.
In her spare time (when she has any!), Gia enjoys reading and spending time in the Adirondacks, and also has a weakness for reality romance shows, wine, and buying way too many books!
Follow Gia for updates on her latest releases!
Connect with Gia Cobie:


No comments:
Post a Comment