Sunday, November 2, 2014

CONFLAGRATION by Tessa Teevan

CONFLAGRATION
(The Wellingtons #2)
by Tessa Teevan
ARC Review
Released: October 29th, 2014

My rating: 5 of 5 ⭐️












"Branson Wellington? The name, my name, is usually followed by fucking prick or self-serving bastard, and I can't say I haven't earned those titles. It's true. I'm not the good guy. I'm not the boy next door. I'm definitely not your Prince fucking Charming. Not even close.

And I never wanted to be. Until her. The day I pulled her from the wreckage was the day that my life changed.

Who would have thought that one little lie had the power to throw twolives so off course?

Love has never been in the cards for me, but now that she’s here, I have no idea how I’m ever going to let her go. Even if I don’t deserve her.

Because like I said, I’m a self-serving bastard and some things never change."


******

When the road to redemption intersects with the path to independence....

Branson is not a particularly kind or social man. Rather misunderstood, but mostly by his own doing. He is harder on himself than he needs to be, but isn't quite sure how to move from the person he has let time and circumstance create. That is until a woman stirs up his rather rusty emotions. A woman he vaguely recalls another rather poignant interaction with. One that started his attempt to turn a new page.

Arianna barely escapes a life patched together with expectations. Not hers. Everyone elses. Trying desperately to find her own path, she needs to create distance from her old life. But when a car accident lands her in the hospital, she finds herself tangled up with her rescuers family in a way that creates a whole new set of expectations. This time, however, they are as much hers as anyone else's. 

A great study in character development by Tessa Teevan. With a slight edge for Branson, who was a familiar name from previous novels, and one not always fondly remembered. CONFLAGRATION gives us great context to clarify some of his past behavior and emphasize the massive strides he makes in growth in this story. On her part, Arianna does a bit of maturing as well, although in her case it is less hung up in the past, and more focused on what is needed for her future. Finding her own voice is the ultimate result.

Even if you haven't read any of Tessa Teevan's previous books, CONFLAGRATION offers sufficient background to be able to easily read it as a standalone. 

Tessa has become one of my favorite, go-to authors. 

One of the better reads this year!

**Copy provided in return for an honest review**



 Amazon.com  Amazon.ca  Amazon.UK  Amazon.AUS
 Barnes&Noble

add-to-goodreads-button31


No comments:

Post a Comment