Sunday, July 20, 2014

ADDICTED by Tracy Wolff


ADDICTED
(Ethan Frost #2)
by Tracy Wolff
ARC Review
Released: July 15th, 2014, by Loveswept

My rating: 3 of 5 ⭐️










"As Chloe Girard discovers, there’s love . . . and then there’s addiction.

Ethan Frost is everything a woman could want in a man. He’s rich, gorgeous, powerful, one of the most eligible bachelors in the world.

But that’s not why I’m with him.

I love Ethan for all the things no one else gets to see: his innate kindness, his reckless spontaneity, his unwavering determination to use his brilliance for good. I love the way he looks at me, the way he touches me. The way he makes me forget the wreckage of my past and the twisted fear that still lives inside me.

But sometimes it terrifies me how much I crave him, how much I need him just to breathe. I always thought it would be my past that ruined us, but there’s a darkness in Ethan I never dreamed existed. Can we survive as his secrets surface—threatening to unravel us both?"


*****

Oh my..... They sure can't keep their hands off each other.... or can they? No they can't..... wait - I think...... Yes, there they go again! 

This is the continuation of the story between Chloe, barely of legal age (yes, let me remind you of her level of immaturity for a minute!), an intern at Frost Industries, owned by.... You've got it.... the delectable and stinking rich Ethan Frost. In book one, Ethan seduces her, they fall in love, but he ends it when he discovers a dark secret she has kept from him. Although not for the reasons you might think.... BUT decides he can't walk out on her after all. Book one in a very tiny nutshell.

On to ADDICTED, where we arrive at the point when Chloe and Ethan have just reconciled and Chloe is suddenly confronted with a nightmare from her past, appearing very real in Ethan's appartment. Confused and upset, she runs, which is something she continues to do off and on, whether it be in person or simply in her thoughts. Leaving Ethan to apologize for things he has done, is about to do, or might do at some point.... over and over .......and over. The pattern becomes quite repetitive, as does some of the dialogue, I'm afraid.  

I loved some of this story, the first time I read it, but with the familiar patterns playing out time and again, I soon came to a point where I was almost skimming through the pages, looking for something more...... something new. 

If you enjoy an at times almost gushy romance, with "I love you"s flying everywhere, this might be a perfect book for you. Personally I prefer it said only once, if at all, and with meaning. The book has great angsty phases and Ethan really is a fabulous character, although he might've taken a bit of a firmer hand in ADDICTED. The sex is phenomenally hot, and a bit surreal, given her previous inexperience and history and again, her youth. 

The age thing is something I've found in quite a few books, we apparently love our heroines to be barely out of diapers, yet we give them the complexities and sensualities of women twice their age..... Newsflash!!! I've raised a few of those women.... who are now older than most of these heroines and let me tell you.... at that age? There ain't that much goin' on! And it makes it hard for me to take them AND therefore the books seriously. 

I still will give the book 3 stars.... BECAUSE, despite my misgivings, Tracy Wolff's writing is skilled and her characters are nothing if not intriguing and multi-layered. Her Ethan really is a Renaissance Man of sorts, but I would've wished him a different mate. Tracy's expertise in the bedroom..... with her PEN.... is beyond reproach, she wields a mean sex scene, and for those alone, the book is worth reading.

***Copy provided in return for an honest review**




 Amazon.com  Amazon.ca  Amazon.UK  Amazon.AUS
 Kobo  iTunes  Barnes&Noble

add-to-goodreads-button31

No comments:

Post a Comment