Tuesday, November 26, 2013

REMY by Katy Evans

REMY (The Real Series)
by Katy Evans
ARC Review
Published: November 26, 2013, Gallery Books

My rating: 4 of 5⭐️









~
Underground fighter Remington Tate is a mystery, even to himself. His mind is dark and light, complex and enlightening. At times his actions and moods are carefully measured, and at others, they spin out of control.

Through it all, there's been one constant: wanting, needing, loving, and protecting Brooke Dumas. This is his story; from the first moment he laid eyes on her and knew, without a doubt, she would be the realest thing he's ever had to fight for.
~


*******

Most of the story line is already familiar, having read both REAL and MINE, both of which were written from Brooke's perspective. In REMY we receive the missing viewpoint, the voice of Remington "Riptide" Tate, giving us insight into the mind of man tortured by mental illness and demons of his past. 

A man who, until he meets Brooke, has found ways to survived pain the most basic of ways, by filling the most basic of needs. Never believing there would be more for him out there.......never feeling the need to chase a dream and fight to make it his reality.....his 'real'. Never feeling worth it.....until she made him believe it. His woman, his mate.......HIS. 

"I don’t delude myself into thinking she will accept me, but what if she does? What if she can understand me? The way I am? The two parts of me?"

In some ways Brooke brings out more of the 'beast' in Remy. His protective and territorial instincts, his marking and scenting needs and his craving for constant proximity and connection. However, she also has a tremendous calming and mellowing effect on him, making him more manageable for the entire team around him.

"When I take you baby, I'm taking it all. I'm taking every fucking breath, every inch of your skin. Every. Beat. Of your heart."

The interesting new bonus in this book is that his point of view is wrapped up as flashbacks while Remy and Brooke prepare for their wedding day. So while we look back on Remy's take on the events of the last year, we stand on the threshold of their future. And it's looking pretty damn good!!

As I mentioned, the story mostly familiar, some of the material felt a bit repetitive, even coming for an alternate viewpoint. And although delicious to read about these two again, I didn't get a huge amount more out of the book in terms of understanding Remy than I did before, but perhaps I simply already had a good instinctual grip on him....I don't know. I felt maybe we all were not ready yet to let go of these two......and this book was the cutting of the cord, so to speak. 

Katy's writing is as thrilling and inspired as her other books, but I'm excited to see her take on a new story! I can't wait to see what she brings us next.

✨A primal, turbulent and impassioned finale!✨


**ARC provided in return for an honest review.**





add-to-goodreads-button31

No comments:

Post a Comment